Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Trapped in a surrounding no immediate prospect to escape

It is winter season. The coldness strike deep into my bones. Shivering continues for the whole season. Sitting inside the trench hole i made my self to gain some heat from the dirt ground. The atmosphere are too foggy. My sight are limited. That makes me hard to get out from my trench and fall back. Griping my rifle tightly counting my clips several times on and on doing the same thing the whole day waiting for a miracle.

The German army are everywhere. They controlled the area with machine guns type MG42 emplacement every pit they have. My airborne mates are suppose to hold the line no matter what. There is no going back. I don't know what kills me in this kind of situation. The winter or the bullets. MG42 burst are randomly shot toward our area. Mine were pinned hard. The Germans know i'm still in my little burrow. I'm stuck there since the Germans second wave attack on us.

I can't last long in this kind of situation. Food are scarce,bullets are limited and i don't think i have enough energy to run fast back to my second defense trench. Unpredictable gap of time, bullets whistling above me. Mortars randomly hits the ground. Thank god they missed me all the time.

The winter cold pressuring me to yell for help but it will give away my position and also my camp. The bright side of the winter, it blinds the enemy. I assume that the enemy emplacement are closer than i thought. Suddenly rapid firing towards my camp area,bursting like a continuously striking thunder.

Planes flying over. The engine sound like the Germans bomber plane. Not long after the the first plane was heard. 500 pound bombs plunder to our main camp area. From that,i took my chance to get out from my trench and run towards my mates using the amount energy that i have. As i reach there the camp were totally devastated but the casualties are pretty low.

Since then i have my mates along with me. The supplies are completely depleted after the bombing. Now we have to wait for reinforcement which is suppose to arrive two days ago. Until then, we must hold the line no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment